Goldberg, Miller & Rubin is seeking and experienced civil litigation attorney to join our New York office in our personal injury practice area.
• Drafting of pleadings, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
• Exhibits good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients.
• Summarize medical records and highlight important information.
• Write reports to clients summarizing the status of the case and the next steps that will be taken.
• Identifies, researches, and analyzes legal issues and conflicting legal opinions.
• Take and defend depositions, handle arbitrations, and argue motions.
• Attend in-person and virtual court appearances.
• Provide legal representation of clients to protect their interests in defense of complex and high exposure litigation.
• Explain litigation to those unfamiliar with the process.
• Take charge of cases to move them toward cost effective, efficient, and fair resolutions.
• Juggle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and seeks assistance when needed.
• Routinely reviews and follows-up on client deadlines and calendar appointments.
• Provide help on the handling of other attorneys’ files when needed.
Candidates must have:
• Experience in civil litigation; automobile negligence or premises liability is a plus.
• Experience handling depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and other complex assignments.
• Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
• The ability to manage a large caseload and the day-to-day tasks involved within the cases.
• A strong desire to learn and grow in their legal profession.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with senior attorneys, partners, staff, clients, opposing counsel, and the court system.
• Experience billing for your time.
BENEFITS: We offer excellent growth and advancement opportunities and benefits include: Professional development programs including in-house CLEs; Generous vacation and leave plan; Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Retirement plans as well as commuter benefits.
APPLY: Along with your resume, please include a cover letter, writing sample, and transcripts.
We are seeking a full-time Operations Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Processing and distributing of mail and other communications in a timely manner; Creation and updating of records while ensuring accuracy of information; Daily support tasks to assist lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, financial team members, and administration; Various admin projects; Reception duties
SKILLS: Experience working in an office, legal office experience not required; Excellent organizational and time management skills; Self-starter; Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to work on a team; Proficiency in MS Office
BENEFITS: Generous vacation and leave plan; Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Retirement plans as well as commuter benefits.